Navigating the New Google Business Profile Changes
We’re here to guide you through a significant update from Google that might impact your online presence. Google has recently announced that websites created using Google Business Profiles will soon be deactivated. Starting March 1, 2024, visitors to these sites will be redirected to your Business Profile on Google. Let’s dive into what this means for your business and how you can adapt to these changes effectively.
Understanding the Update
Google Business Profiles have been a useful tool for many businesses to establish a quick and simple online presence. However, with the digital landscape constantly evolving, Google has decided to phase out these websites. From March 2024, any customer attempting to visit a website created through Google Business Profiles will instead be taken directly to the business’s profile on Google. This move signifies a shift in how Google envisions local business online interactions and presence.
Implications for Your Business:
- Check Your Google Business Profile: Ensure that your Google Business Profile is up-to-date with accurate information, as it will become a more critical touchpoint for customers.
- Consider Alternative Website Solutions: If you’ve been relying solely on a Google Business Profile website, it’s time to explore other website platforms to maintain a robust online presence.
- Enhance Your SEO Strategy: With the increased importance of your Google Business Profile, optimizing it for search engines is more crucial than ever.
How Local Leap Marketing Can Help: At Local Leap Marketing, we understand that changes like these can be challenging. We’re here to support you every step of the way. Our team can assist in:
- Developing a new website that reflects your brand and meets your business needs.
- Optimizing your Google Business Profile for maximum visibility and engagement.
- Crafting an SEO strategy that elevates your online presence across various platforms.
While the discontinuation of websites made with Google Business Profiles marks the end of an era, it also opens new avenues for businesses to enhance their online presence. At Local Leap Marketing, we’re committed to helping you navigate these changes smoothly and effectively. Let’s work together to ensure your business not only adapts but thrives in this evolving digital landscape.
Here is an excerpt from the email:
Websites made with Google Business Profiles will be turned off soon.
Starting from March 1, 2024, customers will be redirected to your Business Profile when they visit these websites
In the past you’ve used a Google feature to make a simple website from the information on your Business Profile.
This feature is going away in the coming months and will no longer be supported, meaning the site you created with this tool will be removed. To help with the transition, starting March 1, 2024, customers visiting <business>.business.site will be redirected to your Google Business Profile.
On your profile you can showcase similar information about your business, and also add social media links so customers can learn more. Your website will redirect customers until June 10, 2024, after which it will show as unavailable.
Ready to take your online presence to the next level? Contact Local Leap Marketing today, and let’s create a strategy that propels your business forward in this new digital era.