There are four fundamental parts to every successful website – the header, the footer, the sidebar, and the main content area. Each of these sections serves a specific purpose, and if you want your website to be successful, you need to make sure they are all well-designed and effective.
The header is the first thing visitors see when they come to your website, so it’s important to make a good impression. Your header should be eye-catching and informative, and it should give visitors a general idea of what your website is all about.
It comprises the following:
- The website’s title or logo: This is usually the first thing visitors will see, so it’s important to make sure it’s clear and easy to read.
- The website’s tagline or slogan: This is your chance to give visitors a quick overview of what your website is all about. Keep it short, sweet, and to the point.
- The navigation menu: This is how visitors will find their way around your website, so it’s important to make sure it’s easy to use.
A website footer is typically the last thing visitors will see before they leave, so it’s important to make sure it’s well-designed and effective. Your footer should include important information such as your contact details, copyright information, and links to your social media pages.
It comprises the following:
- The website’s contact information: This is how visitors can get in touch with you if they have any questions or need more information. Include your email address, phone number, and social media links.
A sidebar is a column on the side of a webpage that typically contains additional information or links. It’s a good way to provide visitors with more options and help them find what they’re looking for.
Most websites have a sidebar on the left side of the page, but some have it on the right side or even in the middle. It’s up to you where you want to put your sidebar, but just make sure it’s easy to find and use.
Other information that you can find here:
- A search bar: This lets visitors search your website for specific information.
- Links to other websites: These can be helpful if you want to provide visitors with additional resources.
- Links to social media pages: This is a great way to connect with your audience and build relationships.
- Ads: You can use sidebar space to showcase ads or promote products and services.
Main Content Area
The main content area is where most of the action happens on your website. When designing your website, it’s important to keep the main content area clear and easy to read.
This is where you’ll put your most important information like:
- Products and services: This is where you’ll showcase your products and services. Make sure to include clear descriptions and high-quality images.
- Blog posts: This is where you’ll share your latest blog posts with your audience. Be sure to categorize them so visitors can easily find what they’re looking for.
- Contact forms: If you want visitors to be able to contact you, be sure to include a contact form in the main content area.
- Maps and directions: If you have a physical location, be sure to include a map so visitors can find you easily.
Local Leap Marketing is a website design and development company that specializes in creating beautiful, user-friendly websites. We can help you with all aspects of website design, from planning and wireframing to coding and testing. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you create a successful website.